“I like to think that art has to do, more than with creativity, with transformation: as a shifting of the boundaries of making art, with the use of materials, modifying its functions, transforming myself, people, society . creation ends, transformation evolves. ” G.P.
Visual artist, with experience gained in the fields of installations and performance and video.
Over the years he has carried out his personal research creating a peculiar personal language, through the use of transparent materials, red threads, writings, minimal elements both in the wall works and in performances and installations, sometimes site specific. In the last period his artistic research has concentrated in relation to the Biellese textile tradition, using weaving, fabrics of plastic materials (cycle of planispheres) and photographs printed on transparent acetates, as his own stylistic code; parallel to an investigation of the world, its geopolitical, economic, geoclimatic and migratory changes, present and future, through the creation of globes and hemispheres of transparent and mirror methacrylate glass, where the boundaries of the territories and the possible variations on the theme, other related themes addressed in photographic fabrics are linked to identity in its facets. He lives and works in Turin.
Collective and fairs:
– “Archeologia Futura” with Michelangelo Pistoletto and Gabriele Boccacini for the Biennial of Young Artists “BIG 2000” (Turin) 2000;
– “mirror” installation within “BIG 2000” (Caraglio, Cuneo) 2000;
– “Global Village” (Valletta, Malta) 2002;
– “The Walls of Solitude” Cittadellarte-Fondazione Pistoletto (Biella) 2002;
– “Gemine Muse” (Biella) 2003;
– “100 times Stalker” (Glasgow,) 2004;
– “Food Design” (Turin) 2004;
– “Gemine Muse” (Roman, Romania) 2004;
– “Art Luggage” (Catania) 2007;
– “13x17” Italian Pavilion (Naples, Biella, Pescara, Palermo, Bologna, Rome, Venice Biennale) 2007-08;
– “Quotidiana” (Padua) 2007;
– “Paste for Pourpose, homage to Augustus ..” with the Indian artist Rabindra Patra, Cittadellarte Fondazione Pistoletto (Biella);
– “13x17” Venice Biennale (Venice) 2012;
– “The Others” (Turin) editions 2013-14-15-16-18;
– “Setup Art Fair” (Bologna) editions 2013-14-15-16;
– “t_essere_territorio” installation-performance at 1,900 meters with Gabriella Maiorino (Holland) and Ewa Gleisner (Lago del Mucrone, Biella) 2015;
– “SWAB” portanova12 gallery Bologna (Barcelona, Spain) 2015;
-Sharing Gallery (international on-line) 2016;
– “every 1000 meters the world changes” curated by Marco Albertaro, Riccardo Costantini Contemporary, Dogliani (CN) 2017;
– “Landscape.Art.Lanskape” environmental installation (Viverone VC) 2017;
-Art for Exellence 2018 for Vigel at Palazzo della Luce (Turin) 2018;
– “Art & Photography 2018” online, 2018;
– “Free body” Après-coup as part of Il Tempo delle Donne, Corriere della Sera Festival (Milan) 2019;
– “every 1000 meters the world changes” curated by Marco Albertaro, Palazzo Ferrero (Biella) 2019;
-Art for Exellence 2019 for Collins Aerospace (USA) Mastio della Cittadella Turin) 2019;
-Setup “I’m still here” Autostazione (Bologna) 2020;
– “Up to here” (Villa Schneider, Biella) 2002;
– “Alla Corte dell’Arte” (Andorno, Biella) 2004;
– “Rapporti A2” with Luciano Pivotto Officine CAOS (Turin) 2007;
– “BI-BOx1”, opening BI-BOx space (Biella) 2011;
– “Invasioni” ex ENEL building – BI-BOx (Biella) 2013;
– BI-BOx “weaving_in_tissues” (Biella) 2014;
– “research_d_ identity” Paola Meliga Gallery (Turin) 2015;
– “research_d_identity” Adjacency – Caravan SetUp (Bologna) 2015;
– “intertwining_d_identity” provoqArt (Nice FR) 2014;
– “uprooting, peoples, borders, migrations” Cortile Lagrange Palazzo Cavour (Turin) 2016;
– “solo show” SetUp Art Fair, Riccardo Costantini Contemporary (Bologna) 2016;
– ”second_skin” Cute Project artistic residency (Kampala, Fort Portal, Uganda) 2017;
– “profil0” Casa Zegna-Zegna Foundation (Trivero-BI) 2017;
– “fereestill” Fonderie Limone (TO) 2017;
– “Hospital Uganda second_skin” Galleria Accademia (TO) 2017;
– “red benches against femicide” site specific installation, Zumaglini gardens (BI) 2018;
– “moveo_ergo_sum” curated by Sarah Lanzoni Galleria Après-coup (MI) 2018;
– “frontera esta_tal” Espronceda gallery (Barcelona, Spain) 2018;
– “small revolutionary movements” Galleria Luisa Catucci (Berlin, Germany) 2018;
“Con_fini di lucro” Palazzo Ferrero, Biella (BI) 2018;
– “trip to Portugal_invitation to travel” Palazzo Lamarmora, Biella (BI) 2018;
– “20_0_20_prologo_irresponsabili_surrealtà” PHLibero as part of Fo.To.Torino (TO) 2019;
– “20_0_20 irresponsible presumptions” Palazzo Lamarmora, Biella (BI) 2020;
– “t_essere pa-lombella” within the urban redevelopment project “Paolmbellissima” exhibition and workshop, Ancona, 2020
For the City of Biella, he oversaw the preparation of the permanent exhibition “Space of Memory” in the basement of Villa Schneider, dedicated to the memory of the Nazi-Fascist occupation of the villa, used as a place of torture, interrogation and deportation.
He performs performances in Italy and abroad.
He has been working steadily as a performer with the Turin theater group Stalker Teatro since 1997, with experiences in Italy and abroad (France, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Israel, England, Denmark, Norway, Malta).
He has made national and international co-productions with Akademia Ruchu-peforming art- (Poland), Gabriella Maiorino-contemporary dancer- (Holland), Ex Nihilo-contemporary dance (France), Scena Plastyczna-performing art- (Poland), Eugenio Barba-performing art- (Denmark), Remondi & Caporossi-performing art- (Italy), Pierre Byland-cluoneriè (France), Marigia Maggipinto-contemporary dance (Italy).
He has carried out personal productions in the context of cross-disciplinary collaborations: with Fabio Liberti-dance (Denmark) Daniele Ninarello-contemporary dance (Italy), Gabriella Maiorino-contemporary dance- (Holland), Alessandro Amaducci-video art- (Italy), Rabindra Patra -multidisciplinary art_ (India), Marie Rose Mayele-lan art – land art and performing art- (Congo), Anne-bet Shuurmans-land art and performing art- (Belgium), Riccardo Ruggeri “Lomè” -music, video, Syndone-musica, performance in concert- (Italy) -, Yvonne De La Criox-photographer- (Bologna), Ewa Gleisner_phortographer-(Poland) with whom he has worked assiduously since 2004, collaborates with the performer Cinzia Ceccarelli for the performance “let me in”, Ancient ice boxes of Porta Palazzo (Turin) for Performing the club and Riccardo Costantini Gallery, 2021.
Since 2020 he has been steadily collaborating with BTT (Balletto Teatro Torino), with which he directs two productions with Viola Scaglione, “Umanudità” at the Museum of Modern Art of the Castello di Rivoli, 2020, “I devourers” in collaboration with Riccardo Tesio (founder and guitarist of Marlene Kuntz) 2021.
He has been the director of the last four editions of the Special Olympics, 2012, 2015, 2018, 2021,
Co-direction with Youness Khoukhou of the show “transf …” as part of the 6th edition of SEARCH ENGINES curated by Chiara Castellazzi, presented in May 2019 in the season of the “Lavanderia a vapore” Turin (TO) production of BTT, Balletto and Theater of Turin and Charleroi Danse of Brussels.
Founding member and president of the “Pecora Elettrica” -cinema-
Founding member of the “ramodoro Anthropology cultural” association – anthropology and culture –
Founding member of “Love Differes” in Cittadellarte Pistoletto Foundation-culture of encounter-
Founding member of the “+ near” association – practices of social and cultural innovation, looking at concepts such as participatory democracy, gender equality and human rights, sharing economy, smart city, eco-sustainability and development of the territory, aims to promote growth – human, social, cultural, artistic – of the local community, starting from individuals, from small groups and inserting them into a wide-ranging plan.
He carries out didactic activities related to contemporary art with primary and secondary schools.
Winner of the San Paolo di Torino “ORA” call with the project of the Ass. + close conceived by Ewa Gleisner, “S, U, P, ER Ultratosta School For Rebel Beings” educational project, to train for change, cultivate new substance skills through art, with a series of workshops, with the collaboration of Flavia Mastrella and Antonio Rezza, “7/8 kg” Davide Calvaresi and Giulia Capriotti, Fernando Cobelo, Alice Zannoni, 2019-2021
Together with Doriana Crema and ewa Gleisner they design “The Future City” didactic-art for the A. Gramsci Institute and Il Polo del ‘900 Torino
He collaborates with the Faculty of Philosophy of Turin on experiments concerning visual perception.
He was a teacher of Video Shooting and Editing at the Albe Steiner Institute in Turin, specializing in Audiovisuals.
In 2018, he held presentations of his works at Naba (New Academy of Fine Arts in Milan) and at Bocconi University (Milan).
He performs artistic collaborations with companies and individuals, including “depth of canvas”, installation for advertising campaign “filrus” Italy 2012; “People – numbers – bank”, installation for the cover of the book “WelcomeBank” Napolitano, Visconti (Egea Editions, Milan) 2011, Cover of the last Lomè cd, since 2013 he collaborates with the Ermenegildo Zegna Foundation and Casa Zegna (Trivero BI ). Cover of the last Lomè cd.
He participates with several videos in international festivals: with the film “Closer” made with Beppe Anderi, with the participation of Michelangelo Pistoletto, sold and passed on by Studio Universal: in ’99 “Torino Film Festival”, “Arcipelago” Roma, “Visioni Italian “Bologna,” Bellaria Film Festival “; with the video “Passaggi a nordovest ’98, ’99, ’00, ’03” made with Alessandro Amaducci, Beppe Anderi, Barbara Rossi participates in the Torino Film Fest, at the Fecic Festival in Valdarno (Arezzo), in 2013 he made the video ” manichini ”for the musical group Lomè, with which he won the“ music against the mafias ”award at Medimex 2013 in Bari and the special prize assigned by MEI in Faenza.
He performs video documentations with television shows on RAI, Artè. In 2004 he participated as a guest at the Turin Film Festival and the Rome Film Festival with the documentary “Journey into the silence of time” (interview with Alexander Sokurov). In 2006, together with Fabio Pettinino, he made the documentary “Mondi allo Specchio” produced by Love Difference / Cittadellarte – Pistoletto Foundation, Piedmont Region, Cassa di Risparmio di Biella Foundation.
With Grazia Paganelli and Giuseppe Gariazzo he curates the review and catalogue “Cinemadisvolta” for Cittadellarte – Fondazione Pistoletto since 2005, and with them he curates the first edition of the 2008 “International Video Story Competition” at Cittadellarte.
He plays actor roles in film productions with directors: Cristina Andreone “Password” ’97, Beppe Anderi “Journey to the city of paper” ’01, “Non-profit” ’02, Cocito and Pastore “Like fossils crystallized in time” ’00, Corso Salani “The cases of life” ’09, “Dracula 3D” Dario Argento.